You are here
Home > Society > An insect that was found in the meal, has come back to bite the Indian Railways.

An insect that was found in the meal, has come back to bite the Indian Railways.

Good food hygiene is essential to ensure that the food you and your family eats is safe. The best way to keep safe from common travelling illnesses is to be extra careful with your personal hygiene. A passenger, Shalini Jain was travelling from Chandigarh to Delhi on the Kalka-New Delhi Shatabdi along with her two sons. During her journey Mrs Shalini Jain was shocked to find a live insect in the pack, she had even paid for food. Meanwhile, she informed the staff but they did not react to her bad experience. The TTE in the train refused to give her the complaint register either.

She sent a complaint to the railway minister about the same. She said, “that the staff members exchanged her packets with the fresh one but she refused to take it”. She added “it was an unfair trade practice that the railways were forcing pre-decided meals on passengers and then also serving such an unhygienic
meal during the journey” but the minister did not respond.
Now a consumer redressal forum has ordered Indian Railways to pay INR 10,000 to the passenger. The order noted that she had paid RS. 270 as catering charges but could not enjoy the meal and even children suffered.

Kudos, Mrs Jain.

Khushboo Chauhan
Khushboo Chauhan
Khushboo Chauhan, a student of journalism and mass-communication. She is a reader, author, traveller, photographer and an effective communicator.

2 thoughts on “An insect that was found in the meal, has come back to bite the Indian Railways.

Comments are closed.

Top